Sweetened Banana . . Yummy for my Family  

Posted by allanloi

One thing I love doing during my spare time is cook for my nephews and niece for they too like to eat and for the whole family as well.  I can still remember when I started learning how to cook, that was when my grandparents especially my grandfather taught me.
He would let me watch how he does things in the kitchen and slowly I started doing it myself.  But what I am sharing to you my readers now is what I learned from my grandmother. .  . it is the “minatamis na saging”(sweetened banana).
Bananas grow anywhere in the country and there are several of varieties that can be grown here.  One popular to us is the Cardava which is often cooked for snacks and can be an abundant source of carbohydrates. It can be a substitute for rice.
We Filipinos loves to cook it “nilaga(boiled), prito (fried) or just simply eat it fresh when ripe.  I can still remember when my Lola Dolor prepares a sweetened banana and sell it in a school nearby.


I can still vividly remember  when she wakes up early and starts to boil water in a big pan.  When it boils she will mix the mascubado ( a sugar locally produced here) until it is dissolved in the water.  And then she  will pour the bananas into it and simmer it until the mixture thickens.  
Last weekend  I had the chance to prepare the same for my nephews and niece.   We had shared another yummy snacks . .  thanks to our grandma.

0 comments

Post a Comment